March 2018 3
Metal fabrication and welding are fantastically interesting and crucially useful careers in the world’s economy. There have been a number of wonderful innovations over the years. In fact, steel parts are more dent resistant and upwards of 30% stronger than they were only a decade ago. As the industry has grown, new tools have been developed for convenience and quality assurance. Here are some examples.
- Welding Helmet: Welding helmets are an old technology that has been updated in a simple and functional, yet exciting way. The lens on modern helmets is made from a material that adjusts its own darkness according to the amount of light it is exposed to. This lets welding professionals use the hood at all times without having a hard time seeing their work space.
- Plasma Cutter: A plasma cutter is used to cut conductive metals by using an electrified gas to create a jet of plasma from the tip of the tool and channel it towards the cutting surface. The reason this is so exciting is that if plasma cutters are possible, so too is the sci-fi cousin, a plasma gun. That’s just one step away from lightsabers.
- MIG Welder: On a more practical note, MIG welders have increased the efficiency and speed of the welding process when compared to outdated stick welding techniques. They use a machine that feeds the joining material to an electric arc which then melts the metal on to the desired surface.
- Laser Etching: Most people would agree that lasers are pretty cool. Well, laser etching is fairly commonplace in the later stages of fabrication. When finishing a product, lasers can make precision cuts, engravings, and marks on the metal that cannot be done by hand.
In a metal manufacturing company, you will likely find all these tools and more. Where fabrication is concerned, we are living in the future, and more innovations are happening every day. This is good news since our finished products are becoming ever more complicated and intricate. Luckily, we are well-equipped for the job at hand.
Are you thinking about buying property in Florida? Are you comparing realtors? Whether you’re looking at condos for sale or some beach real estate, read on for everything you need to know about this great state and what it offers to those who get property there.
Facts About Florida
The surface area of the state of Florida is 65,755 square miles, which means there’s plenty of space. The population currently runs at over 21 million people, but that population is growing by nearly 1,000 people every day. Every year, Florida has more than 100 million visitors. It’s clearly a popular destination for visitors and home buyers.
Facts About Real E (more…)
Are you in need of a new bank? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of people every day are looking for a new bank for a variety of reasons. Maybe you have just relocated to a new state that doesn’t have branches of the bank you currently have, or perhaps you are dissatisfied by the services your current bank offers and want to see what else is out there. No matter what the reasoning for your search might be, there are a few key things to remember along the way. Below are just three of those items:
1. Fees - One of the reasons that customers find themselves frustrated with their current banking institution is not being aware of the outrageous fees that they c (more…)
Running a small business is tough. Half of small businesses don’t last more than five years, and many never turn a profit before they fail. Sometimes this is because of poor business practices, but sometimes it’s because of customers failing to pay quickly enough, or at all. If you’re a business owner struggling with accounts [...]
Throughout the world, many companies face the problem of consumer debt. Unfortunately, it looks like this problem is only going to get worse. In fact, statistics show that outstanding consumer is estimated to reach $4 trillion by the end of this year. If you’re wanting to defend your business against this problem, it’s wise to [...]
Keeping a retail business running smoothly is no easy or simple task. From the mundane day to day tasks, such as stocking and organizing shelves to customer service, to the more in depth responsibilities like inventory tracking and financials, there are many loose threads in the fabric of retail that can seem impossible to keep [...]
- Investors Check In to This ETF, but Don't Want to Leave
BlackRock’s iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF has never had a day of net redemptions. [...]
- Stock Analysts' Biases Are Showing, a Study Finds
Male stock analysts tend to write more favorably about public companies headed by men than about com [...]
- And the No. 1 Stock-Fund Manager This Time Is…Shhhh
Towle Deep Value soars 48.55% but shoos away investors. [...]
- The Pros and Cons of Moving Closer to Your Children
Retirement expert Glenn Ruffenach answers questions on moving closer to your children and about livi [...]
- The Anti-Bitcoin ETF
Currency funds like WisdomTree Bloomberg U.S. Dollar Bullish Fund provide a contrast to proposed—a [...]